Filming on this new Ant & Dec show has been SUSPENDED

Adjust Comment Print

ITV were apparently affected by the decision not to air last weekend's episode, with the broadcaster reportedly losing three million viewers after the show was replaced by The Voice on Saturday evening.

Ant and Dec have been left off the new trailer for Britain's Got Talent.

A source told The Sun Online: "The show has not been pulled".

"Everyone just wants Ant to get better", an insider told the Daily Star.


The news comes as Dec prepares to host the show alone for the first time ever this weekend, as Ant has entered rehab for the second time following his drink-driving arrest. "Showing clips of him in a pub is not very fair bearing in mind they were fi lmed before anyone knew about the demons he was battling".

The documentary was filmed in May 2017, a month before Ant's initial admission to a care facility to his addiction to prescription painkillers.

"But filming has stopped because Ant has stepped down from TV commitments this year".

"He said in a statement: "[Ant] has asked for time off for the foreseeable future".


Last week, Dec and ITV announced that Saturday Night Takeaway would be back for the last two episodes of the series - March 31 and April 7 - with the finale being held at Universal Orlando Resort in Florida as originally planned.

"Show bosses had been weighing up whether to scrap the big budget series called Saturday Knight Takeaway altogether", reports The Sun.

Ant's latest set-back leaves their ITV documentary in the balance with the broadcaster hesitant to air the show due to its alcohol-fuelled scenes.

Following Ant McPartlin's drink drive fiasco, ITV bosses have chose to air pre-recorded footage of presenter in this weekend's live show of Saturday Night Takeaway. "Everyone at ITV and the Takeaway team feels we owe it to the audience to complete the series".


Comments