Man City's move is behind me: Mahrez

Adjust Comment Print

Mahrez also insists he faced no hostility from his team-mates or club figures following the failed move to City and is now firmly back in the Leicester fold.

Mahrez was absent from training for 10 days last month after Leicester turned down a bid from runaway Premier League leaders Manchester City in the January transfer window.The Algerian eventually ended his self-imposed exile and scored for the first time since his return with a dramatic late free-kick to salvage a 1-1 draw at home to Bournemouth.

Reports suggest the player's facebook was hacked, neither he nor the club have confirmed this. It was hard but I was always in contact with the club.

The Italian newspaper state his performances will have "negatively impacted" his value, although we're not too sure about that, and that, with three years left on his contract, Leicester won't be in a position to ask for the same amount of money they did in the summer.

"I heard some people saying I hadn't been talking to the club but I was always talking to the club".

Mahrez said he regretted the way he had handled the situation but had thought it was the best thing to do at the time. We will see in the summer if some things comes.

He said he will not reconsider his future at the club until the end of the season.

"To be honest the club handled it very good as well. Everyone was very good with me and there's nothing more to say". At the moment I'm a Leicester player and I am good here.

A post appeared on Mahrez's official Facebook page claiming the winger will retire from playing due to injury.

"I want to thank everybody for the kindness and support they have shown me in this incredible city. We lost a good feeling about this game and there were mistakes", said Puel, whose side travel to bottom-of-the-table West Brom on Saturday. "I think everyone knew it had been hacked".