Terry Richardson barred from working with Condé Nast publications

Adjust Comment Print

In a leaked memo obtained by the Telegraph, an executive with the overseas media group - which publishes worldwide editions of Vogue, GQ and Vanity Fair, among others - told key staff that Richardson shoots already commissioned or those that have been completed but not published "should be killed and substituted with other material".

"When I said I didn't like it and I found it troubling there was a sense you might be part of a witch hunt".

Later that year, a profile of the photographer was published by NY magazine called "The Perverse Case of Terry Richardson", which was seen as a response to allegations stretching almost a decade that he'd coerced models into performing sexual acts on photo shoots.

Model Christy Turlington previously told United States industry magazine WWD that harassment of photographic models is tolerated in fashion.

"Terry is disappointed to hear about this email especially because he has previously addressed these old stories".

Now, Valentino has also announced that it has "no plans" to work with the photographer in the future.

Some of the photos were published online, although many have now been deleted, The Sunday Times added. In 2014, model Emma Appleton confirmed to BuzzFeed News that tweets she had sent alleging that Richardson asked for sex in exchange for work were genuine.

The photographer told the Huffington Post all incidents were with "consenting adult women" and dismissed all claims otherwise as "malicious and manipulative recounting" that were "based on lies".

Model Liskula Cohen told the paper: "I worked with him once and I would never work with him again".

No new allegations have been made in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein sexual abuse scandal.

Richardson has photographed stars including Beyonce, Rihanna and Lady Gaga and directed Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball video. She later said she regretted the shoot. Conde Nast International did not immediately return request for comment.